Prism Planning Partners, LLC is a registered investment advisor in the state of Illinois. We are based in Libertyville, Illinois (Northsiders, and on-the-record, very proud of our Chicago Cubs 😊) We’d like to take a few moments to share why our client experience is truly unique.
Nicole Sullivan and Ron Bernstein, co-founders of Prism Planning Partners, LLC
Not Your Typical Financial Advisor in Deerfield, Illinois
A financial advisor will assess the six main areas of your financial life: cash flow, taxes, insurance, investments, estate planning, and retirement. All of these items are organized for you, and synched with other goals you might share, such as funding a child’s college tuition, purchasing a second home, or a career change.
The Prism Planning Partners team takes this analysis a step further. We certainly help you come up with some quantitative goals, analyze with our robust planning software, and tell you if they’ll be feasible or not. But, beyond the Xs and Os, we serve as your financial life planners
What does that mean?
We take our initial “getting to know you” stage very seriously. In order to help you determine realistic goals and the craft a plan that you’ll actually follow, we need to get, well, personal.
Before you head for the door about the thought of being put under the microscope, here’s what we mean by that. It’s harmless, we promise.
- We may ask that you tell us a bit about your past history with money.
- We’ll see how you and your spouse make financial decisions.
- We’ll ask about your knowledge of your financial situation, and your comfort level when it comes to taking certain investment risks.
- We’ll gain a deep understanding of your time horizon, ie, when do you want to stop working in your current occupation? Or, is there another deadline that we might want to meet (such as, I’d like to buy a new house in the next 3 years)?
- Only after we have a solid understanding of your family, lifestyle, and goals, we’ll delve into your why. Why is it important for you to maintain a certain lifestyle, send your children to a particular college, or change careers? When we understand not only your family priorities but their significance, it provides us planners a guiderail when we create your initial plan.
Below is an example of how we might help a client:
A recent widow may feel uncertain about her financial situation. But, she is afraid of debt and investment risk, due to hardships faced earlier in her life. We can customize a financial plan to help this widow learn about her financial situation, and perhaps minimize debt so she feels more secure.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US
This example so clearly illustrates what makes our client experience stand out. It’s simple: It’s all about your life and your plan.
It’s not about our process, our history, how many clients we have, our how much in fees we need to make this quarter.
We believe that the best financial plan is one that you’ll actually act on because it makes sense with your life. In order for that to happen, we need to do our job as planners and get to know YOU!
SUMMING IT UP
We hope that this blog will educate you about how we like to run an advisory practice. We definitely have a unique flavor.
We’re pleased to meet you and glad that you’ve stuck around to read more. We hope that you’ll read more about how we can help you, and then if you’d like please send us a message and say hello back!
Click here to get in touch.